Wednesday, January 2, 2013

What Does My Third Eye Look Like?

The first of the year brings new intentions, new goals, and new hangovers.

The beginning of this year has gifted me with some long lost MOTIVATION and an 'I'm gonna fucking do this' attitude.

WHAT TO DO?
A 30 Day Yoga Challenge.  At least one yoga practice a day for 30 days...NO EXCUSES.  Accompanied with my final farewell to the occasional, social, when I'm drinking, because they're there, killing time, killing myself cigarette.

It is worth mentioning that I am already a Yogi.  And for most of those who practice yoga on the regular, doing a practice a day for 30 days in a row 'ain't nuthin' but a thang.'  But this particular challenge is about more than figuring out how to stay in hand-stand and catch a few Om's.

It's a physical and mental preparation for myself, to accomplish as many goals as I can this year.  And  as the poster for the upcoming Sex and the City television pre-quel tells us, Be who you want to become.



Yesterday (January 1st),
A Yin class was offered at Zuda Yoga, one of my favorite heated power Vinyasa studio's.  What better way to experience a deep, slow stretch than in the same place I usually enjoy a sweaty aerobic flow accompanied by Florence and the Machine and the like.  Yin to the Yang indeed.

Today (January 2nd),
This morning I pushed the snooze button to the limit, and was in a bit of a rush for work.  Throughout the morning I looked forward to choosing a studio and practice for Day 2 of my yoga-venture.  When lunch arrived I decided to checkout the schedule for Yoga Shala, another favorite.  The 6:15 Kundalini practice was the winner.  Although I wasn't quite aware of what I was in for.

Kundalini yoga is heavily based in deep various breathing techniques to awaken the inner body.  The practice is still but powerful.  To be quite honest, afterward I felt as if I had earlier stooped marijuana in coffee.  Energy pumped through me but I am relaxed and at peace.
...Also I could use a burrito, but that I blame on an early lunch.


Have still not smoked...Self-Five.  

No comments:

Post a Comment